Metal detector or X-ray inspection?
Which is best for inspecting food?
Deciding between a Metal Detector or an X-Ray Inspection System can seem overwhelming but investing in the right Inspection system for your business is crucial. To protect your reputation, profit, and customer’s health, every food package should be inspected. Food safety is paramount for all Food Manufacturers, many product recalls are caused by the failure to detect foreign objects in packaged foods. Passing your packages through either a Metal Detector or an X-Ray system is the most efficient way to identify foreign contaminants in food production.
Inspiron X-Ray Systems
X-Ray systems are becoming more the norm for increased product safety. Traditionally X-Ray systems have been expensive, however, with advances in technology and product development, the cost of ownership is much less than you might think.
X Ray detection is ideal for inspecting your products for missing components. The video below shows how easy it is for our X Ray Inspection machines to scan packets of spareribs for missing sauces. To have such a vital component missing would most definitely give your customers a negative opinion of your business and products, thus damaging consumer trust.
Contaminated products, products missing key components or packaging issues can all cause your products to fail quality assurance checks. Failure to pass quality checks means product wastage which results in loss of profits. There is no room for error in today’s consumer driven markets, with social media being such a powerful tool for complaints you need to ensure your inspection process is thorough and the INS-TXE X-Ray is the machine that can help you.
Understandably there are many misconceptions surrounding using X Ray inspection equipment in the food production line. Let’s myth bust!
- Product is under the X Ray for minimal time
- Operator is protected by the fact it is a sealed structure, has a soft curtain and the leakage is a minimal < 1 μSv/h
- Our fully qualified and professional engineers, provide on and off-site training for both engineers and operators to ensure anyone who operates our machinery is doing so in the most safe and efficient way.
- Ensure your equipment is operating to its highest possible standard we would always recommend taking out a Service Plan. Service plans are a great way to spread the cost of maintaining your machine giving you piece of mind that there will be no surprise bill should an issue arise.
Inspiron Metal Detection Systems
Inspiron Metal Detectors are widely used for detecting metal contaminants including ferrous metal (Fe), non-ferrous metals (Copper, Aluminium etc.) and stainless steel, within the food production line. Metal Detectors are traditionally a more budget friendly and compact method of inspection.
Sources of contamination:
- Small metal scraps
- Various factory/machinery parts etc
What We Offer:
- Conveyor belt – can be placed anywhere within the production line, used for a range of applications.
- Gravity Fall Metal Detector – type of Metal Detector is suitable for detection of powder, granule, or other forms of bulk products.
- Metal Detector for Sauce – This type of metal detector is suitable for pump pressure fluid and semi-fluid product like sauces and liquids.
- Metal Detector for Pharmaceuticals – Designed to be positioned after other pharmaceutical equipment such as a tablet press machine or a capsule filling machine.
- Metal Detector combination system – can be connected to our Checkweigher range, giving you a flexible and space saving Checkweigher Metal Detector Combination System.
- A metal detector can be placed within many different places within the production and packaging line
- Our Metal Detectors are BRC Supermarket compliant
- Automatic product learning
- Predominately Stainless-Steel Construction
- Our Metal detectors come with a choice of Aperture sizes and Reject devices, such as:
- Flipper Reject
- Air Jet Reject
- Pneumatic retracting conveyor Reject
An accurate metal detector can prevent product wastage. If you can identify where in the production line you are risking product contamination, you can prevent this from becoming a regular occurrence. With our product databases you can accurately monitor and implement new quality control strategies and procedures to limit unnecessary product waste and maximise efficiency.
An Inspiron Metal Detector requires very low maintenance so long as it is kept clean and used in the correct way. We offer a wide range of tailor-made Service plans for every machine we install. Whether you buy 1 or 10 machines we will ensure you receive the very best post-sales support. We advise you to regularly service and clean all machinery that we provide to you to ensure optimal running performance, and carryout the Annual Validation checks as per BRC, Supermarket legislation.
Whether to use a Metal Detector or an X-Ray machine depends on your requirements. Budget and factory space are common factors, as is the type of contaminant that is most common with your product. For further guidance and advice on our Metal Detectors and X-Ray systems, please do not hesitate to Contact Us!
Tel: 01788 890235